Philips Televison & Video - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I was just wondering if
all dvd players are region free when you first buy them, they set the region themselves, after 5 dvd's have been played on them. So if you had a european dvd player and played 5 USA dvd's on it , it would lock to the USA region and you would be unable to play european dvd's on it. Exactly what a friend did many years ago when he bought a load of american dvd films from someone and played them on his brand spanking new dvd player :)
2 days ago
Player not playing movies
well.. philips dvd 622 is a good dvd player.. but it won paly any pirated versions of dvd's ..though u download it from net..check for the good versions. also check whether is a rip or zip file k.
Philips DVD 622...
2 days ago
Phillips Portable DVD Player DCP750/37 says "Wrong Region"
To change the region on the Philips dcp750
1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2. Press the Setup button on your remote control
3. Press the Right button on your remote control
4. Press the Right button on your remote control
5. Press the Right button on your remote control
6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
7. Press the 6 button on your remote control
8. Press the 5 button on your remote control
9. Press the 3 button on your remote control
10. Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback
11. Press the Setup button on your remote control
on Feb 13, 2020
How do I make my Blu Ray DVD Player region free?
Most of the time it\'s no the Blu-ray player, it\'s the crappy burned dvd you have. If you got it from out of the country then most likely the Blu-ray player just can\'t recognize the format or type of dvd the movie was burned onto. Best thing to try to see if it is the player or the dvd itself, is play the dvd in a laptop (not a mac because they don\'t play most things) but a Toshiba or a Samsung. The "region locked" error code is just the default displayed when you don\'t have properly formatted dvds.
on Jan 21, 2020
Won't play because of region code
works on the BDP 2700 -
turn on player without disc. push home button(looks like a house) on
remote. enter 1389310 using remote. wait 10 sec then turn off at front
of player. wait 10 sec then turn on at front of player.
I believe the 7200 is not able to be unlocked for region free play though
on Jan 19, 2020
In my Philips DVD players,
The DVD you're using is probably from elsewhere than the region you live in. It is almost certainly possible to temporarily change the region by using a trick which will not damage your machine in any way. Google "Philips DVP642 region hack" and there will be an answer.
on Jan 14, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?