Question about Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Guessing on model number. the washer will not cycle and the door is locked and will not open. I have canceled the cycle, unplugged/replugged, changed settings - door will not unlock. how do I get my clothes out???
Posted by Anonymous on
If front loader washer quit spinning, check the wax motor switch. You can make a temporary fix by providing a short on the door lock contact. The Kenmore 417.29042992 front load washer provides a test connector that's readily accessible behind the front lower panel. Insert a wire between connector pins 1 and 2 (red and white/red color wires) and your washer should spin during the spin cycle. Hopes this helps.
Posted on Jan 28, 2008
121 MINUTES USUALLY DRAIN CYCLE PLZ REMOVE 3 BOTTOM PANEL SCREWS 7 MM SCREWS, TO OPEN DOOR SLIDE RIGHT HAND TOWARDS DOOR LOCK ,THERE WILL BE A SMALL LEVER TOO PULL DOWN ,NOW ITS OPEN,,, SINCE U HAVE BOTTOM PANEL OFF PUMP IS RIGHT IN FRONT REMOVE PLASTIC HOUSING CLOCKWISE ,,,REMEMEBER HOLD 3 GALLONS OF WATER STILL ,HAVE BUCKET READY ,NOW CLEAN OUT PUMP AND DEBRIS ,, CLOSE IT UP SHOULD BE FINE NO MORE PROBLEMS ,,,,,
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws
under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up
the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will
make access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
yes!! the F/11 is triggered under high voltage conditions like high speed spinning. The part is called the MCU motor control unit. if it goes into failure while using your machine and locks the door, just wait 3 minutes and the door will unlock after the MCU resets. Try using you machine with a low speed spin for awhile.
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
SOURCE: i want to unlock my door
Manually Unlocking the Door Lock System
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power. 2. Remove the lower kick panel. 3. Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the bottom of the door switch/lock unit. 4. Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a tear-drop shaped tab. 5. Gently pull the tab down about a ¼" or until a click is heard. 6. The door may be opened.
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 01, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Feb 04, 2010 | Kenmore 44072 Front Load Washer
Jan 31, 2010 | Kenmore 44921 Front Load Washer
Dec 22, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Oct 26, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 05, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 04, 2008 | Electrolux Kenmore 3.5 cu. ft. I.E.C....
Sep 02, 2008 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 27, 2016 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: