- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
THE FAN AND MICROWAVE TUBE RUN OFF THE ELECTRONIC TIMER. OPENING THE DOOR SHOULD SHUT IT ALL DOWN AND WHEN YOU CLOSE THE DOOR AGAIN YOU SHOULD NEED TO PRESS THE START BUTTON AGAIN. IF NOT, ITS SOUNDS LIKE AN ELECTRONIC RELAY IS LOCKED CLOSED ON THE TIMER BOARD.
Yes! this should be checked right away to make sure the magnetron is not running with the fan when the door is open , it may be a problem with one of the door switches going bad, left unchecked it probably blow the fuse in the microwave killing all power, but it is quite repairable. But please do not use until it has been checked out by a professional for safety reasons.
If this is and Over the Range micro, the exhaust fan needs to run ANYTIME the cooktop is on. They make things for quantity and not quality, so the plastic has little tolerance for heat. Running the fan, diminishes heat off the front of the unit. Also, the micro MUST be at leat 24" off the cooktop.
Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food? A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section. Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything. A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay..... Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on, but nothing is heating and the fan is not running. A - This most commonly is abad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common. Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave? A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace. Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button. A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.
Hi firstly to see if it is producing energy, buy some 5mm light emitting diodes from an electronics store. cut off the leads close to the plastic body.
place in microwave and put on cook for max 10 secs, if the led's light up you have microwave energy, shut off the oven as soon as they glow otherwise you end up with a mess.
If you have energy then your problem is most probably the door interlock micro switches which after time do not operate properly. let me know the results and we can go further.
This is an interlock issue or a faulty temperature sensor. Both will require the outer casing to be removed for inspection. Basic tests can be done with a continuity tester or cheap digital multimeter with resistance checking facilty (Radioshack)
The sensors for these types of fans are normally attached to the roof of the cooking cavity, little silver components with two or more wires.
Check these out with a meter if any are open circuit then they need to be replaced.
The second problem is probably defective door switches, or it may be a problem with the control panel, which we repair nationwide for only $32.50.
On my Web site, I have info on safety, disassembly, and diagnosing and replacing door switches: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Running it empty has damaged the magnetron. It will work for a while, but it will eventually have to be replaced. A good parts source is here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383