Question about Bosch Classixx WFL 2066 Front Load Washer
My machine seems to often get a build up of grey/black gunge/slime which ends up all over the washing. I clean round the drum and rubber after each use but it still seems to happen. Can I get the rubber replaced? would this maybe solve the problem? I have also cleaned the filter so it is not this.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The slime is almost certainly the enzymes in the washing powder that are there to digest the dirt getting left behind.
3 things you can try:
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
First clean around the rubber with some mould and mildew cleaner for bathrooms - available from most supermarkets.
This is a natural accumulation of waste detergent, fabric softener, fibres and dirt build up that is being attacked by bacteria and eventually decomposes into a sludge / goo and then eventually starts smelling bad as well.
To keep the machine clean of waste build up and to keep any bad odours away:
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
7. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2013 | Washing Machines
Jun 19, 2012 | Washing Machines
Apr 17, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jun 23, 2010 | Tricity Bendix AW1400W Front Load Washer
May 15, 2010 | Hotpoint WMA64 Front Load Washer
Aug 02, 2009 | Hoover H140E Front Load Washer
Dec 17, 2008 | Washing Machines
Aug 02, 2008 | Hotpoint WF430 Front Load Washer
Sep 16, 2006 | Baumatic BTWM4 Front Load Washer
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: