Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
The washer stopped mid cycle and now I can't get it do anything, water is sitting in washer.
Probably a blocked filter, outlet pipe or pump.
Take the drain hose and lay it flat and lower then the level of the drum and this will drain the machine providing the blockage is not solid. When machine is empty check filter , pipes and pump and remove any blockage found.
Replace drain hose and you should then be able to carry on with your wash or spin the clothes.
Posted on Dec 28, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Unplug the washer and look to see if the plug is burnt. it may have a bad connection if so you can try to clean the prongs on the plug with a pencil eraser. DO NOT TRY TO CLEAN THE WALL PLUG. Plug it in and see if works. If you don't hear any strange noises through the wash cycle it is ok but,stay close enough to listen.
Posted on Aug 12, 2009
F21 = LONG DRAIN ERROR
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes the water valves turn off. After 4 minutes the “Sd” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F21 error code will be displayed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL two times to clear.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
6. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
7. Replace the pump.
If the machine cannot be forced to its diagnostic mode then:
1. Disconnect the washer from the power supply and water supply.
2. Remove the top panel by taking out the three screws in the back of the washer. The pressure switch is right on top.
3. Remove the Molex connector from the water level switch / pressure switch.
Refer to the picture below.
4. Reconnect the power supply but not the water supply.
5. Power the machine. The machine will enter diagnostic mode.
6. Power off the machine.
7. Replace the water level switch / pressure switch.
8. Reconnect the water supply.
9. Power on the machine it will work without error
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
SOURCE: whirpool duet washer
This one is complicated, and could involve drain pump operation or pressure switch hose condition. Behind the bottom panel, there is a detailed troubleshooting guide, and goes into detail about possible solutions to this problem. The bottom panel has three small bolts (facing outward), remove them and the panel comes off, and the guide is in plastic, glued to the back of the panel. Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 25, 2009
I would assume that you are using HE detergent if not the pump could go into a suds lock. You may have a bad drain pump. The other options could be possibly a bad central control unit. (however these are very expensive) or possibly a door lock issue but usually you will get a door lock error.
Posted on Jan 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2012 | LG Washing Machines
Oct 05, 2012 | LG WFT1071TP Top Load Washer
Oct 05, 2012 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 30, 2012 | Haier XQG50-QF802 Front Load Washer
Sep 30, 2012 | Creda W100FW Front Load Washer
Sep 30, 2012 | Washing Machines
Sep 30, 2012 | Frigidaire GLWS1233A Top Load Washer
Sep 30, 2012 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Sep 28, 2012 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Sep 26, 2012 | Washing Machines
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: