Question about Westinghouse SK-40H520S 40 in. LCD TV
When turn on you can see the images but the screen is some what shattered...I am capable of fixing but Im not a repair expert but Im a electronics major and very handy with my hands and have the tools to repair it...Just need to know how much is the going price for a repair shop would cost and how much is the going rate or cost to replace the cracked 1....
A cracked screen replacement will cost afound 2/3 of the total cost of the set.
Posted on Nov 26, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Westinghouse LTV-32w1
You will pay more for the replacement panel then you will for repalcing the TV. The part number is LTV32W1-LCDP and is no longer avilable.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
SOURCE: cracked inner screen
I had one broken a few months ago. I got a couple quotes.. it was about $200 less then a brand new one. I'd just buy a new one.
For the new TV I'd pickup a screen protector for it. My son threw a toy at my TV the other day and I nearly had a heart attack from the flashbacks. Thank God I picked up one of these a few weeks earlier. It stopped it. LCD screens really break easily as you know. http://www.tv-armor.com
Posted on May 21, 2008
I will give you some information to read, decide from it what to try and if Any questions please ask first.
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
First thing to look for if set opened is the power supply board--any caps puffed up like these are bad and will stop set from coming on--other things can do this--this is a clear place to look first.
Posted on Apr 11, 2012
SOURCE: I got the westinghouse LCD
hi, i'm actually looking for a broken westinghouse l2410nm monitor to fix mine. if you're interested in selling yours shoot me an email at email@example.com. parts are hard to find for this monitor especially the screen itself. thanks for you consideration.
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
Partstore.com seems to have the part in stock. But, they don't describe if it's black or a different color.
It runs for $94.95 and their part# is 60.3YQ08.003
You may want to call them up to see if it's black.
I hope I answered your question. Please rate me. :)
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2012 | LG Televison & Video
Feb 21, 2010 | Vizio VF550M 55 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 26, 2009 | Canon EOS 30D Body Only Digital Camera
Feb 15, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A560 Digital Camera
Jan 24, 2009 | Spectroniq Protron PLTV-32 32 in. Plasma...
Dec 19, 2008 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Oct 02, 2008 | Lands Phones
Nov 27, 2007 | LG KG800 Cellular Phone
502 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: