Question about 1998 Saturn SL

1 Answer

I have a water leak on the passenger side, bottom of motor. Is the water pump located on the bottom side of this motor?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Saturn Master
  • 8,404 Answers

Normally, the water pump is in the front of the engine. Normally, the pump is belt driven. Look for hoses that go into the motor where the belts are located (fo around a pulley) at the front and the top or near the top of the engine. I am not certain for your make and model. Some cars (some high performance - like police cars) have electric water pumps ... look for a device inside the engine compartment (not the AC, not the power steering pump, not the air pump) that has large (and HOT) hoses going in and out. If your drip is in that area, you may be on to something.

Thanks for your interest in

Posted on Sep 17, 2010


1 Suggested Answer


6ya staff

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Coolant leaks

check metal water line on passenger side between engine and frame

Feb 02, 2013 | 1999 Chevrolet Lumina

1 Answer

Antifrezze leak on passenger side of van at bottom of motor

Possible intake leak and or water pump.If it following the lower hose it is a good chance the pump is leaking.It if follow ing the engine block chances are the intake is leaking.

Dec 06, 2010 | 2001 GMC Safari

1 Answer

I have a leak of antifreeze under the car and am thinking it might be the water pump leaking. Where is the water pump located on a 2001 chevy cavalier Z24?

whichever side of the motor you see the drive belts on.

Ford puts theirs on the passenger side but I see gm stuff on the drivers side too.

pop the hood and look for the drive belts. It is either drivin by one of these belts OR off the timing belt under the timing belt cover.

Oct 07, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

I have a 1997 cavalier and this morning i looked under my car and there is a water leak under the passenger side of the engine, any idea? where is the water pump located?

The water pump is on the passenger side of the engine below the tensioner. Also look for coolant leaks from the head gasket.

Nov 03, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

2001 ford escape xls V6

The oil pump is located on the passenger side of the car, below the water pump near the bottom of the motor. Easy access is under the car

Feb 08, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escape

2 Answers

Water leaking bad from front of motor.

freeze plugs will be located towards bottom of the engine. It could be the water pump, or a bad hose.

Dec 30, 2008 | 1996 Chevrolet Blazer

2 Answers

Coolant leak under the motor

The leak is probably coming from your radiator's drain hole. Try looking under neath your car at the bottom of the radiator and see if the plug is in (driver side).

Jul 30, 2008 | 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

Not finding what you are looking for?
1998 Saturn SL Logo

Related Topics:

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Saturn Experts


Level 3 Expert

85219 Answers

Jonah Oneal

Level 3 Expert

14092 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22485 Answers

Are you a Saturn Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides