2006 Saturn vue, 4 cylinder. Ran out of gas, couple gallons put in, ran fine. Went to gas station filled up full. Driving home, noticed my reduced power indicator flashed a few times on then off. Once...
reduced power , electronic throttle control problem .
Reduced Engine Power Mode
When the ECM detects a condition with the TAC system, the ECM may enter a reduced engine power mode. Reduced engine power may cause one or more of the following conditions:
• Acceleration limiting--The ECM will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the vehicle acceleration is limited.
• Limited throttle mode--The ECM will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the maximum throttle opening is limited.
• Throttle default mode--The ECM will turn off the throttle actuator motor and the throttle will return to the spring loaded default position.
• Forced idle mode--The ECM will perform the following actions:
- Limit engine speed to idle by positioning the throttle position, or by controlling the fuel and spark if the throttle is turned off.
- Ignore the accelerator pedal input.
• Engine shutdown mode--The ECM will disable fuel and de-energize the throttle actuator.
May 04, 2017 |
2006 Saturn Vue