Question about Chrysler Town & Country
That's something your going to have to determine . Is it a fuel delivery problem or an ignition problem or engine mechanical problem .There are a lot of trouble shooting videos on youtube giving step by step instructions on engine cranks but doesn't start an run . No Start Diagnostic Basics EricTheCarGuy
Posted on Dec 24, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Disconnect the negative side of battery. 10mm ratchet.
2. Jack the front of the vehicle.
3. Use jack stands to support the vehicle. Do not use only the jack. I use the jack as a back up for the stands.
4. Chock/Block the rear wheels.
5. The Starter is located on the front side of the engine, just below the exhaust manifold near the transmission-flywheel housing.
6. Looking at the engine compartment from the left fender side of the van, there are two bolts (15mm) that need to be removed. One located at 10-11 o'clock position on the Starter and one at 4-5 o'clock position on the Starter.
7. The Upper Bolt is easily accessed from the front of the vehicle going OVER the radiator. It is partially hidden by a black brace. There is a black ground wire going to where a nut is located. This first nut will allow you to take off the ground connection, however the bolt has another nut further in (to the left) which is totally hidden. Remove this first nut.
8. After the first nut is off then using a deep socket 15mm socket remove the second nut which is attached to the bolt.
9. Go under the vehicle to remove the wires from the Starter. The first wire is the positive cable (should be red) attached on the solenoid portion of the starter. That is a 13mm nut, Remove the nut and lock washer and detatch the wire. The second wire (single small gauge) goes to the solenoid and is connected using a slide lock - press release connection. It is difficult to see the slide lock and the press release located on the top side of the connection. Slide the red slide lock out and press the release, and pull out the connection straight out. Do not force it, or it may damage the connector. Note the placement of the bottom bolt position on the Starter. DO NOT remove the tow (2) small, but long connector bolts on the wire connection end of the starter.
10. Remembering the noted postion: remove the lower 15mm bolt from the Starter. The bolt head is located on the back side of plate moving towards the left side of the Van. It is easily accessed from underneath in front of the transmission. Near the end of removing this bolt, support the starter or it will fall out.
11. Remove the Starter, noting the position of the starter. There should be a separate starter facing plate. If if didn't come down with the starter check up in the starter to flywheel opening and remove the plate.
12. Installation is Reverse of above. The facing plate is a little tricky getting it to stay in place. By starting with the bottom bolt it is easier, Make sure you continuously support the Starter in position to save crossthreading the bolt or starter. Hand tighten only the bottom bolt as youwnat to be able to turn the starter slightly to get the top bolt in.
Starter Bolts are tigthen to 35 ft-lbs.
I hope this helped. Let me know if it helped or if you need additional help. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
the fuel pump is in the gas tank. you will have to remove the bolts that hold the straps in place, lower the tank a few inches as to easier access to the fuel lines and wiring harness. unhook all the wiring and the fuel lines and you will probably see hose clamps for the filler neck, after all things are unhooked the gas tank should come out, if you came this far you will probably be able to figure out how to remove the fuel pump, usually i will use a screwdriver and a hammer to turn the retaining ring or clip holding the pump in the tank..
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
Posted on Dec 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2014 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Sep 28, 2012 | 1993 Mazda RX-7
Jul 27, 2012 | 1993 Dodge Dynasty
Jul 15, 2012 | 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
May 10, 2010 | 1993 Dodge Stealth
Oct 24, 2009 | 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country
Aug 22, 2009 | 1993 Dodge Caravan
May 26, 2009 | 1993 Dodge Shadow
Apr 29, 2009 | 1993 Acura Integra Hatchback
Mar 06, 2009 | 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!