Question about Saturn SL
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Seperate key fobs only can be programmed in the following way.
Turn ignition on/off 8 x times (allow all functions to stabilise) after the 9th on - press a button on both remote fobs. then turn ign. off. use good remote to lock and then try new remote to unlock/lock. sometimes it works first time - sometimes you have to repeat actions. good luck.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
get in your truck close all the doors put your key in the ignition push and hold your unlock button on the door panel turn the key on then off then on then off release the onlock button at this time the lock should cycle lock then unlock by them self if they did push and hold your lock and the unlock buttons on your remote at the same time for 15 seconds the lock should cycle agian and you are programmed
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Transmitter Programming Procedure
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on the transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of the transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2016 | 2007 Saturn Aura
May 09, 2015 | 2007 Saturn Aura XE
Feb 11, 2015 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Nov 05, 2013 | 2007 Acura TSX
May 12, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 13, 2010 | 2000 Saturn LW
May 04, 2010 | 2000 Porsche 911 Carrera
Dec 28, 2008 | 2000 Jaguar S-Type
Sep 03, 2008 | 2000 Mazda 626
302 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: