Question about 2005 Chevrolet Express
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: HARD STARTING PROBLEM
Fuel Filters need to be changed EVERY 15,000 Mi and oil changes once a year maybe,maybe every two years
Common Problem for the cargo is that the distributor gets moisture in it due to the vent being plugged up, And the Cap and rotor have been Known to cause your symptoms use only GENUINE dELCO PARTS IN YOUR VAN TO ASSURE THE PROPER PERFORMANCE
Posted on Aug 10, 2008
Chevy Trucks, Blazers, S10 pickup and the like will vapor lock ecspecially the 2000 models. Do not tighten the gas cap past 1 click. There is a tube that runs from the top of the tank down and this gets hot and collapses or burns in half. We just bought a reinforced rubber tube cut it to lengh and use it instead of part and it's worked grat for 2 years so far.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
Hey I had my rotor and all that stuff replaced on my 2000 astro van, Intermittently it would not run, The problem was I hit a puddle one day and water flew up on top of the roter like 3 drops, it created a trace( it was arching) Thats why it was intermittent.Take a look at the cap look for like a discoloration on it clean it and put it back on.Sounds too easy but remember I had all new parts too.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
1-This is an intermittent problem then a diagnosis probably could not show an error code. 2- Sometimes it almost stalls the engine then you don't have a right Air:Gas ratio 14.6:1. This ratio is to maintain a good combustion in the engine. This is control by ECM through output from the Oxygen sensor. When this sensor is bad it doesn't give correct information to ECM to control delivered gas. 3- A weak Fuel pump and a bad Fuel Accumulator not maintaining correct gas pressure for Fuel distributor could cause this problem.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Suburban 4WD V8-393 6.5L DSL
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Testing and Inspection
An inoperative shutdown solenoid can cause a no-start condition. Disconnect solenoid harness connector and with ignition switch in the "ON"
position momentarily touch solenoid harness connector to solenoid connector. If a "click" sound is heard, the solenoid circuit is operating
properly. If "click" is not heard, the system should be diagnosed as follows:
1. With test lamp connected to ground and the ignition switch in the "ON" position, backprobe the shutdown harness connector. If the test lamp
does not light check for open circuit form the ignition switch to the solenoid.
2. If the test lamp lights, check the ground circuit between solenoid stud and injection pump cover to see if connectors are clean and tight. If the
connections are not clean and tight repair and retest.
3. If the ground circuit is "OK", remove the injection pump cover. Connect a jumper wire between solenoid ground connector and ground. With
the ignition switch in the "ON" position, momentarily touch shutdown solenoid harness connector to shutdown solenoid terminal. If solenoid
operates, check for internal injection pump problem.
4. If the solenoid will not operate, replace the shutdown solenoid.
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Service and Repair
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:
1. Remove pump cover.
2. Terminal contact nuts.
INSTALL OR CONNECT:
1. Solenoid in the pump cover.
- On the shutdown solenoid, make sure that the linkage is free.
- On the cold advance solenoid, make sure that the plunger is centered so that it will contact the check ball in the fitting.
2. Insulating washers on the terminal studs.
3. Terminal nuts and tighten to 1 Nm (9 in lbs).
4. Pump cover.
5. Inspect solenoid operation prior to installing the pump cover. Use a 12 volt DC power source.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2012 | 2002 Chevrolet Express
May 13, 2011 | Chevrolet 2500 Cars & Trucks
Apr 23, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Express
Feb 04, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Express Cargo
Dec 29, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Express
Jun 17, 2009 | 1992 Mazda MX-3
Mar 25, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Astro
375 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: