Dell Inspiron - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Stuck safe mode (XP?) some are vista. IDK
might have to reset it un plug it and then pull the battery out and press the power button to clean it. then plug it back in with out the battery in and if it did not start sometimes you have ot have the battery in for some laptops to start. see if that fixes it.
on Jan 07, 2019
Loud beeps at start up dell inspiron mini
Beep codes for the Inspiron Mini are as follows:
Beep Code Possible Problem
One Possible system board failure — BIOS ROM checksum failure
Two No RAM detected
NOTE: If you installed or replaced the memory module, ensure that the memory module is seated properly.
Three Possible system board failure — Chipset error
Four RAM read/write failure
Five Real Time Clock failure
Six Video card or chip failure
Seven Processor failure
Eight Display failure
on Dec 24, 2018
2000-0142 is a hard disk drive failure.
You will need to replace the drive to resolve the problem
on Oct 26, 2018
Upon hitting the power button, The power light stays solid, Screen stays dark, Hard drive stays solid for a shortl time then turns off, Num lock stays solid and caps and scroll locks flash continously
sure old post and 12 year old PC. (relic, we use dog years on LT)
you did it wrong, the tests. here is the order (&matters)
- main battery huge out, they short, remove it forever if you want.
- next this PC is today 12 years old and no RTC coin cell lasts 12years, below 2.9vdc it bad , did you forget this? why?
- rule one says the pink bunny, after 7 years get ride of COIN.!!!
- next is AC powerpack only, and the correct one and voltage and 100watts is best on old hot running PCs did you get this wrong ? a $15 cheap fix too, having full power to run this pig.
- Learn that old CPU and old GPU (omg both) waste huge power and heat, due to a verse Moores law effect. (google it)
- next is Fans they must run or there is no power, BIOS runs the fans if BIOS is dead fans will be dead, means no power in the PC.!!!! or shorts.!!!!
- The GOAL first is not windows or linux it is in fact BIOS. BIOS screens must all work even with HDD out. and sure DVD drive out.
- we next remove optional modules from the mobo. like wifi, modem dial up; useless card, and all ram tested ram 1 by 1, we then remove SD readers or card readers from MOBO and quite frankly all models NOT CPU/GPU. see if one module is shorted. we do, that and expect that, after all things do short, when they do the VRMs regulators SHUT DOWN ending that FIRE thing.
- there is more, if confused have a real shop fix it. they know these ropes. (electronics testing and isolating bad parts)
on Sep 27, 2018
By tmplr007 on Oct 28, 2010 Dear, Dell inspiron
if it is a cmos pass word or even the had drive password you need the password or it is not useable. there is a way to reset it but you have to take it all apart and go from there.Laptops have an unbrakable cmos password so if it is stolen it is unusable unless you have the password
Dell Inspiron 15...
on Sep 17, 2018
How do i reset a dell inspiron 8500-laptop. its so slow and freezes all the time
click start right click on my computer you should see your drive usually C: select properties click tools check now tick both boxes automatically fix files and scan for and attempt recovery on any bad sectors or you could tick one box and wait until its finished then return and tick the other box
then select check now start should schedule this task when restart
do not do anything while the chkdsk utility is in progress any input may damage your computer
also download a computer opimiser
Speed up slow PC with system checkup, system cleanup, system speedup, and other optimization suites.
also uninstall some unnecessary programs that might be slowing your computer up
if this fails to fix the problem
Restart your computer now as soon as you hit the power button keep on holding Alt key & keep on tapping F10 key Alt+F10 it will open the recovery console select full factory restore and follow on screen instruction
(Note:this will erase all datas on the computer)
During the boot process you will see on the screen to press a certain key to enter setup
Press and hold that key during the boot up process to enter BIOS using the arrow keys you can load failsafe defaults or load optimized defaults ,press escape then press f10 to save to cmos to restart
if you need more help with this post a reply
hope this helps you
on Sep 07, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?