Brother Sewing Machines - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I have a brother vx560 sewing machine.
when I turn the hand wheel the stich turned out really nice.
but when im using the paddle it doesnt move the wheel or the needle.
Q: I Understand that your Brother VX560 sewing machine sews nice when turning the Hand-Wheel by hand, but will not move the Needle or move the Hand-Wheel when you use the Foot-Peddle. If this is correct, this is my answer:
A: It could be one or more of several things, and I'd suggest starting to check for these:
1. Check the Foot-Peddle: (a) Foot-Peddle may not be plugged into the machine properly or all the way. (b) Foot-Peddle may be malfunctioning, (c) Foot-Peddle wire may be broken or disconnected inside the Foot-Peddle. The Foot-Peddle is just a remote switch with a speed regulator built into it.
WARNING: Unless you are knowledgeable and sure you are able to distinguish and avoid a HOT-LIVE Power-Line (the wires with the Wall-Plug attached to them, which is that is dangerous and can electrocute you) from the two wires that go only to the Foot-Peddle (and act as a Switch Wire) then DO NOT try using small Jumper-Cables unless you are trained and qualified to do this safely.
2. If the Foot-Peddle does not make the machine sew,if you can safely close the Foot-Peddle switch circuit (causing continuity across the Switch circuit) the Motor should run as if it the Foot-Peddle were depressed all the way to top-speed. So if the machine sews fine at full speed with the Switch Closed then the problem may be in the Foot-Peddle or connecting switch wires to and from the Foot -Peddle. 3. Try the Foot-Peddle on another Similar Machine, if it works there, the problem may not be in the Foot-Peddle. Start looking to the Drive-Train within the Machine (the drive Belt and associated Linkage). Hope this helps. -- Sincerely, Amender (2019 JAN 15).
on Jan 15, 2019
Adjust feed dog height on Brother 1500s
Raise the presser foot lever, and then slide the drop feed lever. Set the lever in the position for normal sewing. The feed dogs can not be raised only by sliding the drop feed lever to . Turn the handwheel toward you (counterclockwise), or press the "Needle Position" button once or twice.
on Jan 12, 2019
How to change a needle threader on a Brother Innov-is 1500D
The needle threader cannot be used with the wing needle or the twin needle.
- Turn on the sewing machine.
- Raise the presser foot using the presser foot lever. ...
- Press (needle position button) once or twice to raise the needle. ...
- As shown, press down on the spool pin lever with your finger. ...
- Remove the spool cap.
on Jan 12, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?